JARED G. HOUSER, MBA
Director of digital & Interactive Marketing
Results-oriented marketing professional with more than 17 years experience developing successful marketing solutions that consistently result in strong revenue growth
Proven experience increasing sales by building positive relationships with clients ranging from small businesses to large corporations
Problem solver with demonstrated ability to drive organizational growth and overall business success
Strategic thinker capable of assessing current and future industry trends to allow for informed decision making and improved management decisions
Project manager skilled in designing and implementing programs to increase productivity and improve operations efficiency.
Account Management Business Development
- Manage customer acquisition process, including prospecting, qualifying leads, negotiating business contracts and closing sales of online products such as Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tools, Pay-Per-Click Ad Management, Social Media Marketing, Website design, and Social Commerce.
- Collaborate with customers to provide a customized, detail-oriented marketing and promotion plan that included rapid response and follow up. Identify client requirements and present solutions designed to meet unique and ever-changing business needs.
- Manages cross functional team including account management, production and quality, and client marketing teams to ensure promotions maximize efficiencies.
- Manages agency relationships and ensures accurate communication of company strategy.
- Perform competitive intelligence analysis for market penetration, segmentation, pricing and forecasting.
- Consistently meet and exceed new business development goals through cold calling, networking, billing and in-person sales presentations. Top performer in Houston metro market. Consistently selling at 100% and above Quarterly net sales and new deal quotas. Finished November at over 125% of goal.
- Customers include: Mark’s American Cuisine, Skewers, Banana Leaf Malaysian Cuisine, Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops, Bistro Alex, Branch Water Tavern, Angus Grill, Nelore Churrascaria, Mama’s Café, The Broken Spoke, Ragin’ Cajun, Metropolitan Cooking & Entertaining Show Houston, Mosquito Nix, Houston Symphony, Houston Aeros, The Museum of Natural Science, McDonalds, ITT, Academy, Mattress Giant, Mattress Firm, and many more
- Examined operations from top to bottom, including administration, labor costs, quality control, compliance and marketing to identify improvements and implement cost cutting measures that enhance efficiency and lower expenses.
- Implemented procedures for electronic claims submission and eligibility verification to increase operational efficiency and reduce errors.
- Initiated strategic plans for corporate layout, growth and capacity requirements including professional education, parent education, and multi-day workshops.
- Planned and executed innovative personnel training and development programs, including executive-level assistance programs.
- Identified and implemented billing, materials usage and purchase, shipping and receiving, capacity planning, production scheduling and performance measure process improvements.
- Acted as company brand ambassador and monitored and protected brand image.
- Collaborated with business leadership to create and launch global marketing and branding strategy.
- Coordinated with cross functional groups for web development and social strategy.
- Created, directed, and developed annual marketing strategy for AMA Houston Crystal Awards Gala setting new records with the highest ever number of companies and organizations entering the competition and the largest attendance in the history of the Gala.
- Developed and prepared reports on analysis for social projects.
- Wrote and managed Social Media posts, tweets, images, blog entries, press releases, email newsletters and campaigns, etc.
- Performed competitive intelligence data analysis and published findings to sales team.
- Designed sales and marketing collateral for use by sales representatives.
- Planned and implemented domestic and international launch marketing campaigns to increase brand awareness and international market penetration.
- Managed broadcast time inventory for a weekly listenership of more than 133 million listeners.
- Coordinated the production and launch of an iPhone Application for the Houston Chapter of the American Marketing Association.
- Executed the successful launch of an international autism program in the United States, Canada, England and Australia.
- Increased physician practices by marketing services to new and existing patients via in-person sales, telemarketing, pr, direct mail, and print strategies.
- LivingSocial, Houston, Texas - 2011-2012 - Marketing Consultant
- Splash Media, Houston, Texas – 2010-2011 - Social Media Account Executive
- Engage Marketing and Media, Houston, Texas - 2006-2011 - Owner, Business Development
- Connections Center, Houston, Texas - 2004-2006 - Director of Operations
- Ronald R. Buescher, M.D., Houston, Texas - 2002-2004 – Business Manager
- KRIV 26/KTXH 20, Fox News Corporation (Viacom), Houston, Texas – 2001-2002 – Account Executive
- KPRC TV2, Post Newsweek Stations, Houston, Texas - 1999-2001 - Account Executive, New Media
- Walt Disney Company, Dallas, Texas – 1998-1999 – Account Executive, Disney Channel
- Walt Disney Company, Dallas, Texas – 1997-1998 – Senior Manager, Sales Service, ABC Radio Networks, Inc.
Southern Methodist University – Dallas, TX
Master of Business Administration, Marketing, 1995
The University of Texas at Austin – Austin, TX
Bachelor of Science, Radio/Television/Film Advertising, 1993
Skills & Activities
Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, and Outlook
More: Salesforce, Constant Contact, Impact Engine, Internet, Netsuite, QuickBooks, Social Marketing and Media, Small Business Manager, Salesline, TV Scan.
Organizations: Chairman of Email Marketing and Director of Online Marketing for American Marketing Association: iPhone Data Administrator, Co-Chair Crystal Awards Gala (2011, 2012, 2013), HIMA and Black MBA Association.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Social Media Strategy
Sales Process Management
Drop me a line
I will respond within 48 hours. Thanks and looking forward to speaking with you.
jared [at] jaredhouser.com
Around the Internet